Sometimes life throws you curve balls that you may not be ready for. You have got to stay positive to conquer life. The way we handle these stages and deal with situations in our life matters a lot. A lot of things happen as we grow up in life, different experiences unfold itself as we mature testing our reaction. The only person stopping you from achieving your personal goals is you.
Stop and ask yourself, what around me needs to change? Is it my environment? Is it my peers? Is it my attitude? Is it my thought pattern? The last question, thought pattern has more to do with your outcome more than anything else. Some people won’t change, but you can. Some environments won’t change, but you can.
Your thoughts and attitude wont change unless YOU change them!
Why do we need to develop and maintain positive thoughts? The thought is so powerful that it is the seat of ideas. Some say that the thought generates ideas. It is the very place that ideas begins to grow and it is very important we ensure that our thoughts are the very positive ones.
Here are five easy ways to overcome negative thoughts:
1. Avoid negative people if you can’t change them: in life there are lots of people with different idea, beliefs and views about things and how things should be done. But there are particular sets of persons that tend to only see the negative side of things. They tend to frighten and discourage the individual that want to carry out great feats. These set of persons are fearful and unbelieving. Avoid those set of persons if you can’t help them, because if you keep on following them it’s only a matter of time you will become like them. Meanwhile you can get so positive that you don’t need to avoid anyone because your positivity is contagious and can influence anyone around you for good.
2. Condition your mind to see Positivity: it is not enough to avoid people or friends to stay positive. You also have a part to play in making sure that you stay positive always. For example you want to embark on a project, start by asking yourself; what should I do to make sure this project is a success? Picture the project succeeding. See its successful implementation even before you begin. When you do this, your mind receives the positive energy to start and finish the project successfully. Always condition your mind to stay positive. Even when you have a thousand reason to think negatively. Decide to consciously focus on the positive side of life. Instead of hating someone for a bad attitude. Try to remember the good side of that person. It has a way of conditioning your mind for love and positivity.
3. Build on your faith in Jah! I suggest you read the Book of Proverbs and Psalms, they are all contained in the Bible. They will definitely help you. Then, should you have “faith” you will act accordingly. Take some “me time” and reflect with your creator, find yourself in Jah!
4. Keep developing you mind: After practicing the steps that have been stated above, avoid going back to those things, place or habits that made you have negative thoughts. And also avoid people that also have the type of mindsets you dropped. You may rather seek to help them than subscribe to those failure ideologies. In so doing, you will discover that you’ll begin to experience a new line of positive thought patterns, and suddenly you’ll start to grow emotionally and all-round.
Never settle for a level. Keep developing your mind until everything about you screams “Positivity”.
5. Positive Affirmations really works guys, try it! Try to become more aware of your thoughts by organizing them and shift to positive affirmations. Remove words from your vocabulary that emphasize negation. This is because your thoughts condition your life. Make it a point to say your affirmations at least three times a day. Therefore, if you continue to seek to stay positive in life, your thoughts will gradually adjust to that of your affirmations.
Your thoughts rule your life. Therefore determine to consciously condition your mindset with the tools listed above so as to get the best out of your life.
*DISCLAIMER: You understand and acknowledge that all readers of this website are responsible for their own medical care, treatment, and oversight. All of the content provided on the website, including text, treatments, dosages, outcomes, charts, profiles, graphics, photographs, images, advice, messages, and forum postings, are for informational purposes only and DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE PROVIDING OF MEDICAL ADVICE and is not intended to be a substitute for independent professional medical judgment, advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
*Disclosure: This free article contains some affiliate links. If you purchase any service through one of these links I may earn a small commission, this is at no extra cost to you.
Please share with as many people as you can so we can rack up these responses and let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!